Energy Super is a platinum-rated $4.2 billion industry superannuation fund providing complete retirement planning solutions to more than 48,000 members.
Focussed on employees in the energy supply and generation industries, Energy Super offers superannuation and income stream products (including insurance options) and access to financial advice.
BBS assisted the formation of Energy Super in April 2011 from the merger of industry superannuation funds ESI Super and SPEC Super.
BBS had developed and implemented a range of corporate communication campaigns aimed at positioning the fund as a dynamic and successful industry leader among key stakeholders.
Key activities have included:
- Strategy and key message development
- Addressing important issues and opportunities with dedicated communication strategies and messaging
- Media relations
- Developing and implementing a schedule of media releases, interviews and features profiling different aspects of the fund
- Drafting a monthly investment performance update, newsletter copy and award submission
- Event management
- Organising and hosting the fund’s annual member forums
- Conducting annual member satisfaction surveys
Research consistently confirms that Energy Super enjoys one of the highest levels of membership engagement among Australian superannuation funds. In addition, members also rate the fund’s communication as one of the valued aspects of their membership. BBS has assisted this by developing timely and relevant communication material.
BBS also achieved a range of media coverage for Energy Super, particularly in financial trade press Australia wide.